365 Things to do in Bonney Lake/Lake Tapps/Sumner
DAY 41: It is raining cats, dogs and birds outside. Why not spend today indoors exploring a bit of Sumner's History.
The historic Ryan House is a beautiful example of 19th-century architecture. George Ryan was instrumental in establishing the town of Sumner and became its first mayor in 1891. The house's east wing is the original 1860s Kincaid/Seaman one-room cedar cabin; after the George Ryan bought the property in 1872, he enlarged the house in 1875 and added its main section in 1885 with wood from their own sawmill. In 1926, Ryan's heirs donated the house to the City to be used as Sumner's Library until the library moved to its current location in 1979. The house is now home to the Sumner Historical Society while the grounds are part of the City of Sumner's parks.
The current collection/exhibits include Daffodil Festival memorabilia, photographs, family histories, quilts, clothing, tools. Limited research is available.
Location: 1228 Main Street, Sumner
Fee: Donation (Suggested $1 Adult, $.25 Child)
Enjoy your day, Live Life, Be Well...Namaste!